GT-R Alpha 22x Turbo Kit
With 20 years of documented research and development in the forced induction field, AMS Performance has proven itself as the powerhouse in the automotive aftermarket. Our award winning performance systems are what all others are measured by. Be the Alpha.
- Totally Redesigned Turbo Kits for Maximum Horsepower
- Capable of 6 Second Quarter Mile Times
- Totally Redesigned More Efficient Exhaust Manifolds
- Laser Cut Heat Shields and Line Sheaths for Superior Heat Management
- Parts Included that Competitors Charge Extra For
- Massive 4″ Aluminum Intakes from Compressor Covers to Filters
- Show Stopping Design and Materials
Every part of the new Alpha 22x kit is now improved. From the exhaust manifolds, to the intakes, to the 22x spec turbos, to the downpipes, the kit was designed to spool faster, pull more air in, and get more air out making much more horsepower than the previous generation of turbo systems.Our SnailWorks© Engineering Team has spent hundreds of R&D hours refining the Alpha “X Series” turbo systems to be the best performing, highest quality, and easiest to install kit on the market.
The new 22x kits feature 2.0 inch external diameter runners which yield a 1.7 inch internal diameter for our new turbo kits. They are not just larger but designed in a way to feed the exhaust gasses as efficiently as possible to the new “X” branded kit turbos. To improve the exhaust flow even further each of the manifolds have been through an extrude honing process, resulting in a smooth finish in the entirety of the manifold interior.
New for 2020, we spec’d a turbo with a 76mm billet compressor wheel, a turbine housing that features a massive T4 inlet and v-band outlet, and a 4″ surge ported compressor inlet.The new 22x kit is 2200+ whp capable! All this is accomplished without sacrificing anything in terms of spool up time or power delivery. The future is now! The new Alpha 22x turbochargers do not just make more power but do so with no loss in spool. We have successfully delivered you more horsepower throughout the entire powerband! These turbos also are able to sustain higher boost levels, to further improve power output and reliability.
That large 4 inch compressor inlet on the turbo needs some more air to feed it. Anyone that has worked on a GT-R knows how tight it is trying to get 4 inch piping to a 4 inch compressor cover on a GT-R. Thankfully here at AMS we have the best resources available. By thoroughly laser scanning the confinements of the engine bay and designing the intakes in Solidworks© CAD (computer aided design) software, our Engineers were able to develop aluminum intake pipes to utilize all of the space available. It has a full 4″ cross sectional area throughout the entire pipe to deliver all the necessary air to the Alpha 22x turbos.
Tig Welded 3.5″ Stainless Steel Downpipes
As another feature of our 22x Turbo Kits we have added 3.5 inch (90mm) T304 stainless steel downpipe set that will perfectly match to your existing street exhaust system. However, our Snailworks© AMS Engineering Team designed this full 3.5″ downpipe to not include the rear exhaust flange which allows for easy custom fabrication of 3.5″ turn downs or merged as a 5″ racing exhaust, or even adapted to an off-the-shelf 102mm street exhaust. The included TiAL 44mm external wastegates dump exhaust gasses through 1.75″ atmospheric dump tubes.
- Alpha 22x Spec Turbochargers
- Alpha CNC Billet Aluminum Engine Mounts
- Alpha CNC Billet Aluminum Differential Bracket
- Alpha Cast Exhaust Manifolds w/ 2″ Primaries
- Alpha Tig Welded 3.5″ T304 Stainless Steel Downpipes
- Alpha External Wastegate Dump Tubes
- TiAL 44mm Wastegates
- Alpha 2.5” to 3” lower IC piping
- Alpha 4″ Aluminum Intakes
- Alpha Dry Media Air Filters
- Alpha Laser Cut Heat Shields
- Alpha Ancillary Components, Including all Hardware, Lines, Couplers, and Heat Shielding
- 2009-2011 (CBA) Nissan R35 GT-R
- 2012-2016 (DBA) Nissan R35 GT-R
- 2017-Current (EBA) Nissan R35 GT-R
- Fits all USDM, JDM, Gulf, and European Models (LHD & RHD)
Modifications to your vehicle’s chassis will be necessary to install the Alpha 22x Turbo Kit